The hermit is a silver reward scroll challenge located on Land 1, near the area where the sculptor's rock was found. (Also known as "The old hermit's quarry") It becomes available after the player concludes all of Sable's lessons.
Scroll Information[edit | edit source]
- "As I see it, there ain't no need for me to bow before you, son. I ain't seen diddly from you that impresses me one itty bit. 'Gods have huge creatures', that's what my momma always told me. And until I see a big enough one, you don't mean nothin' to me!"
Solutions[edit | edit source]
The Good Way[edit | edit source]
- The player has to show him a large enough creature that impresses him. If the player is patient, all it takes is to make sure the creature knows how to feed itself and to sleep in his pen at night, then waiting long enough for it to grow up. Playing on skirmish maps over and over will make the creature grow there as well. It is also a good idea to feed it with lilac mushrooms. Upon impressing him, the hermit will have the creature lift a large rock, revealing a one-shot miracle underneath it.
- If the player lifts the rock on his/her own, the hermit will still tell him/her the secret of fireflies, but the challenge can no longer be completed.
- The player may also replace the trees around the hermit's hut with smaller trees (bushes won't work), then make the creature stand by them, completing the quest.
Reward: A water miracle dispenser, as well as a tip about fireflies. They'll hide beneath rocks and trees when the morning comes, and if the player picks them up, there will be a one-shot miracle beneath them.
The Evil Way[edit | edit source]
- The player has to crush the hermit's house, kill him or both.
Reward: He'll set the village store on fire if he's alive. If he is dead, nothing happens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As solving this quest the Good Way can be considered a waste of time and usually requires the player to play for a few hours in a Skirmish Map, it may be advisable to either completely ignore the quest or solve it the Evil Way by destroying the Hermits hut. That way the Hermit will lit the storage on fire and the player can use this opportunity to teach his creature to put out fires by using a Water Miracle on the storage while having the creature nearby on the Leash of Learning.